Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crispy Chik'n Salad



Delicious Delicious
If I'm being truthful sometimes I miss salads with crispy chicken so I decided to make a really delicious salad and flavorful dressing to satisfy my craving for lunch the other day.

Apple and Almond Crispy Chicken Salad:

1 cup baby spinach
1 cup mixed greens
1/2 Green Apple sliced thin
1/2 red onion or 2 scallions sliced thin
1 TBS slivered almonds
1 TBS dried cranberries
3-4 vegan chik'n nuggets (I like Trader Joe' soy nuggets or Health is Wealth version) cooked until very crispy (cook a min or 2 longer than directions)

Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette:

1 bulb of garlic roasted
1/4 cup balsamic
1/2 cup EVOO
Combine in blender or food processor
you could also use the dressing here

Combine all ingredients with dressing and place chopped chicken nuggets on top. Enjoy! Some other good additions to this salad would be: avocado, jicama, thinly sliced bell pepper, bacos, black olives

No comments: