Sunday, January 11, 2009

Caramel Popcorn Delight



Delicious Delicious

Ok so its probably no surprise that I love Trader Joe's and one of the many reasons is because they have a whole lot of vegan products and it is easy to find them thanks to the list on their website. I'm sorry if you don't have a TJs by you but don't worry you can usually find everything I use at a regular grocery store. This delicious treat uses TJs fat free caramel corn which is vegan, peanuts, and dark chocolate. This is the only vegan caramel corn that I know of that you can buy so if you are not near a Trader Joe's you will have to make your own caramel corn. I'm not sure you can even call this cooking, but it's awesome and everyone will love you if you bring it to a party!

Spread caramel corn and peanuts (optional) on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Melt 1 and 1/2 dark chocolate bars in a pan on low heat and drizzle melted chocolate over the peanut and popcorn mixture. Place in fridge for 45min and then break into chunks. Try not to eat it all.

3 comments:

Sarah! said...

Ok, so I kind of took this idea and popped a bag (ok 2 bags) of kettle corn and of smartpop. It turns out that trader joes popcorn would have been better (and more sturdy, probably).

Anyways, I melted peanut butter into the dark chocolate, put in peanuts, and then poured over the popcorn. But, since the popcorn was still hot, if i put it in the fridge, it would make the popcorn mushy. So, I decided to forgo the healthy part, and covered the whole mess with powdered sugar.

I took it to the superbowl party. And it was pretty tasty.

Sarah! said...

I guess the moral of the story is that i should follow your recipes more.

Lauren said...

i don't know why you would i certainly never follow my own