Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Banana Walnut Oatbran Muffins



Delicious Delicious
My dad has been making oatbran muffins for the last 15 years as a way to lower his cholesterol. I made these muffins from the book The 8 Week Cholesterol Cure vegan with a few easy swaps. The banana keeps them from being too dry like normal oat bran muffins but Tom says they taste very "healthy". My mom and I love em as a healthy breakfast before the gym in the morning. Remember, not everything can be a chocolate chip muffin (although those are good too!)

Banana Walnut Muffins:
2 mashed ripe bananas (riper the better)
1 cup soy milk
1 TBS molasses
2 TBS applesauce or 2 TBS canola oil
1/4 cup agave syrup
Ener-g egg replacer equal to one egg
2 1/4 cup oat bran cereal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1 TSP cinnamon

Mix wet in one bowl dry in another. Add wet to dry. Pour into 12 muffin cups. Bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes. These freeze well and reheat in the microwave a 1 min or 30 seconds if you keep in the fridge. My dad puts peanut or almond butter on these for protein. I like them with ice cold soymilk.

No comments: